Disaster Recovery for the Remote Workforce
The rules of Disaster Recovery in IT have changed due to the coronavirus crisis, one that disrupted the business world like no other. To face the new challenges, a new approach must be employed.
At My IT Guy, we are helping modern companies with Disaster Recovery for the remote workforce. This unexplored way to operate has created new difficulties for organizations. Fortunately, the My IT Guy team has a capable solution to this problem.
Now millions of teams are operating remotely, working on corporate assets while connected to insecure home-based networks. Private infrastructures have become exponentially more vulnerable overnight and many have created major security liabilities without even noticing.
Cybersecurity has become, without a doubt, one of the most pressing business priorities in 2020 as we all are violently moving towards a more digital, interconnected world. Here, proper Disaster Recovery for the remote workforce has a very powerful and defining role.
At My IT Guy, we provide effective solutions for your novel Disaster Recovery needs. We make sure your business is fully protected and ready to face any cybersecurity issue. Our specialists enable your organization to keep running after a potential assault on your infrastructure, maintaining operational integrity.
Understanding Your Current Disaster Recovery Approach
The first step for any modern business that is now transitioning towards WFH is to understand its current Disaster Recovery approach.
Improvements can only be made after understanding the details of the implemented plan.
Our specialists will make this process extremely easy by asking the right questions. Because the average Disaster Recovery plan doesn’t cover remote scenarios, it’s important to be inquisitive at this stage.
At My IT Guy, we will explore the following aspects of your current approach to Disaster Recovery:
- Are your backups accessible through a cloud-based management platform?
- Are these backups available remotely for testing and restoring?
- Are your current solutions ready to deploy agents to remote devices?
- How flexible is your backup solution?
- Are your most important devices and machines fully manageable through secure remote access?
- What is the emergency game plan for Disaster Recovery if you cannot physically access your devices?
As we always mention on our blog, the first step in any potential improvement is to understand the current situation. This principle is especially important when it comes to cybersecurity.
Our team will study your case and determine the actual vulnerabilities and how to improve with a remote work approach in mind.
Implementing the Tools for Efficacy in WFH Setups
Our clients have discovered that the usual Disaster Recovery solutions they were using before COVID-19 are not effective in this new scenario. Remote workers are major liabilities in today’s digital world. The networks they use are rarely secure and their practices when operating online are often reckless and flawed from a security perspective.
Therefore, we are facing a situation where companies have multiple open doors towards their private networks. This is a threat like no other. In the first months of the pandemic, successful cyberattacks with ransomware have spiked. The likely result of such attacks is always a reason for lament.
A transformation is necessary. Disaster Recovery for the remote workforce is a completely different beast. Our IT specialists acknowledge this fact and act upon it.
Cloud-Based Solutions Are Your Best Friends
While Disaster Recovery has traditionally relied on physical copies of critical data securely stored at the organization’s facilities and somewhere else safe, the current challenge demands a different solution.
When it comes to Disaster Recovery for the Remote Workforce, cloud-based backup solutions are your best friend. Period.
Cloud technology is making WFH possible and productive in many different levels. If we observe the daily workflow of the average remote worker, we will likely observe more than one cloud-based solution involved. When it comes to Disaster Recovery for the remote workforce, the same thing happens.
At My IT Guy, our bet is on highly secure and effective cloud-based solutions for backing up critical data. Our IT specialists have a very positive experience in regards to this set of tools that are currently allowing modern businesses to securely operate in the remote era.
But it isn’t only about storing backups safely on the cloud. An effective Disaster Recovery is much more than that. We need to properly access our systems remotely, control scheduled backups, manage them on the cloud, restore them in no time if needed, and more, everything without the need of physically accessing the IT infrastructure.
Fortunately, modern cloud-based solutions offer this and much more. Let’s review what the My IT Guy team can provide to your business in this area:
- Remote Management: The first and most crucial step is to gain full access to your organization’s assets. You want to be able to manage everything in real-time while operating remotely, something that is not quite possible with traditional solutions. And when we talk about management, we are referring to monitoring, testing, maintaining, and recovering, all without limits because of your geographical location. We provide the tools to do this remotely without compromising security, even from your web browser.
- Remote Backups: Essential in Disaster Recovery, your business needs to have full control over backups while going remote, including scheduling new backups and managing the existing ones. We have the tools for you to accomplish precisely that.
- Remote Recovery: Full and unconditional remote recovery access is necessary for businesses to act on time. The risk is real, especially in the WFH era. This being said, the tools for effective remote recovery have become of vital importance.
Effectiveness Through the Right Tools and Professionals
Disaster Recovery for the remote workforce demands novel solutions and a creative approach to keep the threats at bay. This also translates into skilled IT specialists, responsible to implement and maintain the right solutions.
At My IT Guy, we help modern companies with Disaster Recovery for the remote workforce. Our team assists clients with the utmost commitment to achieving optimum results and these are ensuring a solid Disaster Recovery plan that covers the new challenge of WFH.
If you want to know more about how we can help your business, send us a message today.
Serving Our Clients Locally and Remotely Across Texas.
The Woodlands, TX
Sugar Land, TX
League City, TX
San Antonio, TX